Sunday, August 3, 2014

Zero to Zero

Okay. I'll just be the first to say it.

I'm really freaking loud.

I guess living in a house with deaf parents for 17 years contributed to that.

Also because I'm an actor and in the first three years I did drama I was taught that projection was the most important thing. You know, being REALLY LOUD.

Therefore I am a loud person.

Unfortunately, that makes me a nuisance to a lot of people. Including my (deaf) parents. Apparently I can't do anything in my house that involves talking, singing, or acting because one of two things will happen:

1. My sisters will tell me to shut up and call me gay and tell me I'm not good at theater.

2. My (deaf) parents will tell me to be quiet because I'm too loud. They said "You're so loud I can hear you without a hearing aid on."

I guess I'm a miracle worker. PUT DEAF PEOPLE AROUND ME AND THEY CAN HEAR.

In all seriousness though, it really sucks.

I mean, this isn't the first time this has happened, but I kind if just got over it. Then I started to realize that "Wow. My family doesn't appreciate my 'talents' so I guess I shouldn't do that around my FAMILY. The people I LIVE with."

So the level of self-expression I'm allowed to have in my house is at a whopping ZERO. So I guess I'll never really be able to truly be myself around my family. Or maybe I will and they'll just ask me to leave. Every time.

Anyways, thanks for listening to my problems. It really means a lot. Sorry if this is petty. 

Love,

-Ardon



2 comments:

  1. come to my house and sing again, we love it. and i want to let you know that i want to listen to your problems like you did for me, so if you ever need me just let me know (:

    ReplyDelete