Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Hailey and Jack


DISCLAIMER: In case you didn't know, I'm writing this as if these were my last words to you before I died. Which would be today. 


My Dearest Hailey Brooks,




This is one of the letters that will probably make me the most emotional/depressed I can be so just bear with me here. Hello Hailey Brooks. God, it seems like life just threw us together and then ripped us apart didn't it? I'm sad this summer wasn't like the other ones where all we would do is just sit at my house and watch Starkid musicals and eat all of my food. And then when we ran out of food, we would go to your house. You know that quote I love? "I wish you could know it was the good old days before you left them." Yeah that's pretty much the number one thing I feel with you. Also love, because I love you more than you can imagine. Hailey Brooks, I have to thank you for everything that you've done for me because I wouldn't know/love half the things I know/love if you weren't the person you were. I'm sorry I was that friend that was always late to the party about knowing certain things about certain TV shows or movies or video games. The (kind of creepy) thing is though, is that I loved hearing you talk. So it wasn't all bad for me that I didn't know anything. My only regret with you is how we grew apart. I didn't want it to happen, but I know that it made you happier. You found friends who were funnier, cuter, more exciting, and all around better people than me. I would have loved to come back together as friends but I'm dying right now and I don't know how much time I have left. So, I want to end with saying that you are one of the most amazing girls I've ever met. You're beautiful, smart, funny as hell, you have a great taste in music, your advice is amazing, you're honest, and you've been one of the best friends I've had in my entire life. I love you with all of my heart.

Love,

-Ardon


Dear Jack Hoffer,



I don't even know where to start other than to say you're one of the most solid people I've known. You literally saved my life. Legitimately. You did. Do you remember that night? And the thing was YOU called ME. I left that night thinking "Why are me and Jack not better friends?" And as I sit here, dying, I am still asking myself that question. Nothing that could have ever happened in my life could replace all those amazing double dates we went on. Obviously, our dates were amazing, but I enjoyed them so much because I was doubling with you. I know that sounds weird, but it's true. Another thing, you always let me into your house and let me eat your food, which is amazing considering some people don't even let me see the kitchen. And for some reason, even though I was always hopeless, you always found it in your heart to be willing to help me with my singing. That meant the world to me because singing is my life. It will have been my life I guess. Jack, the thing is is that you influenced me so much and you're more important in my life than you realize and I'm so glad I took that Drama 3 class (which was hell) because that's where I met you and that's where we became friends. We went from two little sophomores that didn't even know each other to two full-grown seniors who were going to be side-by-side as Drama President and Drama Vice President. All I ask is that you remember the good times we had, and then I will be able to die happy.

Your friend,

-Ardon


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that we got to grow up together. Not in the physical way, but in a way that's so much more important than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ardon, my friend. I appreciate our relationship more than you can imagine. Always remember that the Hoffer kitchen is a 24 hour, 7 days a week business. I also have some dates planned that we NEED to go on. Love you Ardon.

    ReplyDelete