Friday, August 22, 2014

Chloe and Ashley

DISCLAIMER: In case you didn't know, I'm writing this as if these were my last words to you before I died. Which would be today.

Dear Chloe Pentelute,




Hey there. We haven't talked in a while and that makes me a little sad. You know, I just want to thank you. I mean, I'm dying right now and I never thought I would have a romantic interest or have someone love me the way you do before I died. I know that you were always busy, and I don't blame you. Your life is important. All I really want is for you to continue a happy life. You trusted me with things that I know you don't trust many people with and for that, I am so grateful. And I want you to know that I was always here for you and I always loved you. It's funny, because I remember the moment I first saw you and I thought "WOW. She's really pretty! For a fourteen year old." Then I found out you were sixteen, I felt like an idiot, and then I decided to get over myself and the rest just happened. I know dating and boys were never a big thing for you, thus I wasn't ever the MOST IMPORTANT thing in your life. Which I don't blame you for. And I can't say that you were the most important thing in my life either. But I can say that you were definitely one of the most influential and IMPORTANT parts of my life and I'm so glad I got to know you the way I did. You mean so much to me. The only regret I have is that we didn't get to keep going. I love you so so so so much.

Love,

-Ardon


My Dearest Ashley Fredde,



Hey. This is kind of the worst thing in the world. You know. The whole dying thing. I decided to write to you last because you were the only person that I meant as much to you as you did to me. To be fair, a lot of people would say "No, Ardon, you meant so much to me." But those people are either lying or again, they meant a lot more to me than I did to them. And that's all right. Because I had you, and you were all I needed. Do you remember all the way back when you were in 8th grade and I was in 9th? Man, time flies. I remember being in Drama 2 with you and just having a ball. I mean, we didn't actually talk much during then, but it's still a memory I associate with our friendship. The thing I love is that we really started to get to know each other in the Creative Writing class at Timberline. I mean, not only did we get to know each other through our writings that we shared with each other and with the class, but with just being friends and getting to know each other. We've gone through so much. I remember when I was so dumb and I wrote a totally ratchet and off-key song just to tell you how much I loved you. I thought "Wow. This is the pinnacle of loving someone. I'll never love Ashley more than this." Not to say I only loved you a certain amount, but I just thought I wasn't capable of it. The funny thing with love is that it's made up of a bunch of other words. Like "caring", "faith", "honestly", "trust", and "communication".  I learned everything that contributes to love through loving you. You. YOU. You changed me and helped mold me to become a person that I only ever dreamed of becoming. But through loving you I know dreams can become reality and anything is possible. The moment you texted me and asked me if you could come see me at my school and you ran into my arms was the moment I knew that you were truly my best friend (not that I had any doubts before). You want to know something I love? The fact that you said "you're my soul mate". The thing is, if anybody else had said that to me, I'd be like "Why are you in love with me? You're a creep. Get away." But when you said it it just felt right. Obviously you weren't in love to me, and people who are reading this post will be like "That's weird." But the thing was is that it wasn't! And THAT'S what I love about it! It never mattered about romance or attraction or social standing or anything like that! All we did was act like two human beings and we got to know each other for who we really were. I never thought I'd trust someone like I trust you and I never thought I would have a friend as long as I have had you as a friend. Like HOLY CRAP we've been friends a long time! At least, for high school students. You know I"ve had friends who have left me and I know that you've had friends that left you. But I never left you and you never left me. Ashley, you're my best friend and I only wish the best for you. I want yo uto know that I'll be at your wedding and HE BETTER BE PERFECT. Because that's what you deserve. Nothing in this world matters to me more than your happiness. Hell, it's the reason I get up every morning. It's the reason I'm writing you this letter. It's the reason I'm still alive even though people gave me the worst shit of my life and told me that my problems "didn't matter" and they called me a fag in front of a whole class and they called me fat, and stupid, and untalented BUT THAT DIDN'T MATTER TO YOU. You always told me that my problems mattered. And that I wasn't fat and stupid. And that I WAS talented. I only ever had that kind of support from one other person, my Grandfather. You know the whole story, he passed and I was lost. I remember you being there. And I also remember Hailey Brooks being there for me. And I remember telling you that I was sad because my grandpa "wouldn't see me graduate or get married or be in a show." But you told me "Yes he will. He will always be there with you. Always." And I want to let you know that I'm always going to be with you. No matter where life takes you, I. Am. There. Always. Nobody has ever treated me as well as you have in this life, so I want to make sure that you always have at least one person who loves you with everything they are. And that one person is me. Ashley Fredde, I love you. With everything I am. Keep me as a good memory and know that I will love you forever. See you on the other side, soul mate.

With all the love in the world,

-Ardon

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I just, wow. I love you. So much. Words cannot even express how this and you mean to me. Thank you so much love. It's a blessing to know you.

    ReplyDelete