Monday, August 18, 2014

Dom and Trevor

DISCLAIMER: In case you didn't know, I'm writing this as if these were my last words to you before I died. Which would be today.

Dear Dominic Zapalla,



Hey there my friend. I'm really bummed that I haven't really been able to see you at all much since school ended. You know, it's funny, have you ever met someone that you really looked up to and once you meet them/get to know them, you respect them less? I absolutely love that I didn't ever feel that with you. I remember being this puny little sophomore and seeing you perform and just being like "Wow he's really really good!" and I never lost that after I met you AND get to know you. If anything, I just came to admire and you respect you SO much more after I got to know you. And the thing is, I don't want to be done getting to know you. It's really awesome when I talk to people about you because this is what I say: "You know, it's going to be so awesome when ten years down the road, Dom is probably going to be famous in a TV show or in a movie or on Broadway or SOMETHING, and I can have the privilege to say 'I went to school with that kid, and we were actually pretty tight'." Dom, I remember the time where you, me, and Hailey were all in the auditorium at LP and you were just jamming out on the piano and you played that Format song and, for some reason, you decided to look at me the whole time and right then and there is when I knew that you are the most amazing and passionate person I've ever met. When you play music or sing, I see and feel the passion that you bring to your craft and it's unlike anything I've ever seen in anyone else. I hope that life treats you well and I only want good things to come to you because I know that you deserve that so so so much. Just remember the little people when we all are gone from your life.

Your friend,

-Ardon


Dear Trevor Elzey,



My goodness, I don't think you know this, but you'll be one of the people I'll miss the most. I have so many fond memories that I've shared with you and I'm just glad that I had that opportunity to really be your friend. You have no idea how much it meant to me when you said that I was one of your best friends, because that was one of the things that I never really thought I would ever achieve. I know that I haven't personally always been the best friend to you and I really am sorry if I ever made you feel unloved or unappreciated or just crappy in general because that's not what friends should do. And that's my fault. And I'm sorry. But like I said, I have a lot of good memories with you. I will never ever forget Comic-Con because that was one of the best experiences of my life. I loved standing next to you and having Karen Gillan look and giggle at us. Also, can I just say that you are single-handedly one of the most talented people I've ever known. I know you don't think this in the slightest, but you as Marius made me so happy! Your "Empty Chairs At Empty Tables" is my favorite part of that whole show because of YOU. I wouldn't have had your performance any other way because you nailed that character to the wall. Also I'm still crying because of your "Run Away With Me" because it was SO GOOD. I honestly love you so much and I just wish we had just talked more, just you and me, you know? I regret every day that I never got to do that. I admire you so much and it makes me sad to leave you. You're a great friend and I want you to remember that.

Your Friend,

-Ardon

1 comment: