Friday, April 11, 2014

The Inner Thoughts - Outside

As I sat outside today, I realized something... I haven't been outside in a long time!

Well, I mean, I HAVE been outside, but I haven't really been outside in a while.

Let's lift our drinks to contradicting sentences. *clink*

But you all know what I mean. To just sit outside and to be released from the confines of what awaits us inside our own homes. Chores, parents, brothers, sisters, video games, computers, ovens, doors, chairs, and even our own beds.

Everything that bothers us doesn't matter anymore because it's all away from us. Because we are outside. Where the grass is green, the children play, and the sky is blue. Or gray, if it's raining.

Have you ever thought of the theory that nothing exists unless you're there? Like, when you're in your room and the door is shut, nothing outside your room exists... That everything OUTSIDE isn't real?

Isn't that mind boggling?
It kind of makes you the center of the universe. Nothing is real until you see it... Touch it... Believe it.

So is anything really real?

Love,

-Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment