Sunday, April 6, 2014

My Star

You know, there arE a million bajillion trillion stars in the sky. There are too many stars in the sky to even begin to count. There's one that I started to notice some time ago... About three and a half years ago, one star in particular came into my view. I got out my telescope and I decided to say "That is a star worth looking at." Little did I know that this star... This one little star had aN amazing story to tell. This one little star had managed to change my life for the better. Yeah, I know, a star changed my life. But I know that if you know this particular star, it has changed your life too. It never directly told me it's history, I mean, it's a star. But as the days turned into weeks, and weeks into months, and the months into years, I finally got the story out of this one star.

I used to spend endless summer Days waiting for night time, so I could go outside, feel the cool summer night breeze, lay down in my driveway, and look at that star. I'd talk to it for hours on end. I'd sing to it, I'd crack stupid jokes to try to get a reaction, and when I saw that the star was dim, I tried to cheer it up. It didn't always work, but every now and then, I saw a twinkle. 

You know how theY say most of the stars that we see are long dead, and their light is just still traveling to us? Well, in case you're wondering, this star is still alive. At least, I hope so. But this star seems to be fading into the distance. I don't know if it is dying or if it is just physically Moving away from me, but all I know is... I don't want it to go. 

This star has made me feel hurt and love and joy and sorrow and so many more emotions. It's not fair that it gets to move away. What does it matter to the star? It's just a star, it can't feel anythIng! 

Or can it? 

I believe it can. I believe that when this star looks at the moOn, it feels so much. I mean, why would it want to stop looking at the moon?

We all kNow that story. 

I love you,

-Bennett

3 comments: