Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Santa Fe

I just want to go.

I don't care where. 

Anywhere is better than here.

I hate living in a world where my summer is filled with empty days and little human interaction.

Where bad things happen to me and the people I care about.

Where I overthink things and never express my problems to my friends because I'm worried that they won't care. Even though they're my friends.

I don't like living in a world where I have to be mean to people. Even if they were mean to me first. For a long time. Or if they were treating one of my best friends shitty. 

I don't want to live in a world where someone works so hard at something just to have it ripped away from them in the blink of an eye. 

Or all the above.

I just want to hop a flight or take a train or steal a car and go to Santa Fe.

Everything seems to be better there. Or at least that's how it's portrayed. It had never occurred to me that Santa Fe was a place people yearned for and loved. I thought it was all about L.A. Or Chicago, New York City, Miami, Orlando, Dallas, Tahiti, London, Jamaica, Japan, Washington D.C.!

I've been to so many of those places and I never found sanctuary or peace of mind. 

When I lived in Florida I smelled weed EVERYWHERE. 

I was told to be paranoid in NYC and put my wallet in my front pocket so it wouldn't get stolen.

All I heard when I walked the streets if D.C. was how much debate was going on and how people hated it in the U.S.

Now, maybe I had bad weeks in those places, but that's how it was.

Maybe Santa Fe would give me a new start. If you want to run away with me, you can. 

We'll just hold on 'till that train makes Santa Fe.


2 comments: