Monday, June 16, 2014

The Moments That Make Up My Love Story

Once upon a time, I met a girl. (I promise that this is a love story) She is one of the most beautiful, caring, talented, inspiring, hilarious, good-hearted, sweet, confusing, mysterious, and amazing girls I've ever met. There have been so many moments that I've shared with myself and with her that basically describe our relationship this far. There was...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


The moment I first saw her. (WOW. THAT WAS CHEESY) I know.

The moment I thought she was 14.

The moment I first talked to her. 

The moment I said to myself "Wow, if only she were my age." 

The moment Timmy told me she was 16. 

The moment I thought Timmy was pulling my leg.

The moment I talked to her for the first time.

The moment SHE told me she was 16.

The moment I felt like an idiot.

The moment I told her that I thought she was fourteen.

The moment we laughed together for the first time.

The moment I learned her name.

The moment we started to sit next to each other at rehearsals.

The moment I left her favorite candy bar on a hanger in the dressing room and she had no idea it was from me.

The moment where (apparently) people started shipping us.

The moment Suzy became my wingman.

The moment Suzy was the best wingman ever.

The moment I started shipping us.

The moment Suzy told me that she just wanted me to ask her out.

The moment I asked her out.

The moment I hugged her for the first time.

The moment we just hung out.

The moment she asked if I wanted to go get dinner.

The moment I actually fell for her.

The moment I went to New York.

The moment we had a half-hour phone conversation.

The moment she told me she missed me.

The moment I missed her too.

The moment she told me that she realized how much she really cared about me.

The moment I told Suzy all about it.

The moment I got homesick because of her.

The moment I landed back in Utah.

The moment we FINALLY went on our first date.

The moment she tried to use chopsticks for the first time.

The moment she totally failed at it.

The moment I told her that it was adorable.

The moment she said it was pathetic.

The moment we compromised and said that it was pathetic, but in a cute way.

The moment she ate sushi for the first time.

The moment I asked her why she liked me.

The moment she said it was because I make her happy.

The moment we went to my house.

The moment she met my parents.

The moment where all my parents could say was "WOW. She's pretty!" 

The moment we took blankets into the car because we were going to go see a show outdoors.

The moment we only brought one blanket.

The moment we held hands in the car.

The moment we snuggled under the same blanket.

The moment we held hands again.

The moment the first act ended.

The moment the second act started.

The moment I rested my head on her shoulder.

The moment I said "Hey guess what?"

The moment she said "What?"

The moment I kissed her on the cheek.

The moment I saw her blush.

The moment she asked me "Why did you do that?"

The moment I said "Why not?"

The moment we saw Timmy and Suzy after the show because they were in it.

The moment Timmy invited us to his house after the show.

The moment we ate ice cream and hot fudge.

The moment we watched Hairspray together with Timmy.

The moment we got back in the car to drive to her house.

The moment she grabbed onto my hand and wouldn't let go.

The moment it was silent but we didn't care. 

The moment I began to tell her that guys like me don't get guys like her.

The moment she interrupted me because nothing makes her more mad than guys saying that.

The moment I made it obvious that I was lying about what I was going to say.

The moment she said "Oh yeah? What were you going to say?"

The moment I said "I was going to say that I wanted to kiss you on the lips."

The moment I saw her blush... Again.

The moment I asked her what she was thinking.

The moment she said "I want to kiss you on the lips too."

The moment my heart raced.

The moment she said "But I'm not going to."

The moment I felt a little bit of defeat but I actually didn't feel that bad.

The moment she explained to me that kissing is a big deal for her and she'd rather wait.

The moment I was content with not kissing her because I hate rushing things.

The moment she told me that she made the first boy she kissed wait 8 months before he could kiss her.

The moment she told me that the second boy had to wait a year.

The moment she told me that this one might be different.

The moment she kissed my hand and left the car.

The moment I was happier than I had been in a long time.

The moment we hung out the next day.

The moment we ate breakfast together.

The moment we put hearts next to each other's names in our phones.

The moment we realized it was Friday the 13th and we should do something scary.

The moment we decided that Walmart was scary enough.

The moment she bought "The Fault in Our Stars"

The moment she told me she didn't have enough books to read.

The moment I recommended a book that I had.

The moment we went back to my house.

The moment I hugged her from behind in my garage.

The moment she snuck a kiss on my cheek.

The moment I blushed and told her she was cute.

The moment she said "Just like you."

The moment I dropped her back off at her house.

The moment she said "We should hang out again."

The moment I wanted to hang out again as soon as possible.

The moment I decided to write this post.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

There you go. There's my love story. Wow. 

Based off true events.


7 comments:

  1. I like this because it's so real and I can totally see it all happening and it's not the big dramatic things in chick flicks that make the best butterflies,it's all the little things added up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moment I say I told you you'd find someone just as amazing as you :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I mean beautiful. I love that it's written in moments.

    ReplyDelete