Wednesday, February 12, 2014

To All High School Students

Dear all high school students,

First off, I know everyone says this, but for real. You saw your friends yesterday. GET OVER IT. You don't have to "OMG" or "BRO ITS BEEN SO LONG" every day! I'm so over you!

Has there ever been a time where a kid who actually wants to learn something in class, they could actually do it? I promise that if we all just took a second to SHUT THE HELL UP. Then maybe people who actually cared could be allowed to! I'm so done with everyone treating class like a joke. Literally, if you can't contribute or you just flat out don't care, then just shut your mouth. 

How come every time I walk into the bathroom there is always a toilet that isn't flushed? How hard is it to flush a toilet? That is something you have learned how to do since you were potty trained. We are teenagers, so please flush the toilet! Just because you like to (literally) leave your crap everywhere doesn't mean I have to see it or smell it.

Another thing, the hall way is for people to get to and from class. All you people who love to stand in the middle of the hall need to stand to the side or get out of the way! People shouldn't have to move around YOU. You should be moving out of the way for OTHER PEOPLE. Have some common sense! 

Dear High School,

Why in the hell do we have three gymnasiums? Is it for dances? Is it for the basketball team? I'm pretty sure the basketball team just uses the main gym. I'm all for supporting sports because they make a good reputation for the school, but if we're making gyms for them and they're not using it, then what's the point? All that money can be going towards academics! All the administrators and parents and teachers blame students for low test scores. I'm just saying. 

On another note, why is attendance school a thing? I understand ditching class and missing it is frowned upon, but if I can pull up my grades and pass then why should the school care if I'm in class or not. Attendance school is just LP's fancy word for "Detention" and we have to pay to go to it. Like... What?

I hate the fact that I have to wake up so early to go to school. I go to first period and I don't pay attention because I can't pay attention. My mind hasn't woken up yet! Studies have shown that teenagers aren't fully awake until noon anyway! We are all only awake for fourth period. Why can't elementary schools start early and high school start later? Little kids are up at the crack of dawn anyway! Elementary school can start earlier, and then throughout the different schools, it can start later! Solution? I think so. 



Anyways, on a more positive note, I really do like our school and I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. I just wanted to get that off my chest. And if you find flaws in my sentences and theories, leave me alone because it's just my feelings. 

-Bennett

1 comment:

  1. I love the way the you think, these are exactly my thoughts too!

    ReplyDelete