Saturday, February 1, 2014

Apology Letter

To Whom It May Concern,

I'm sorry. I am so very sorry. I don't mean to be the way I am. I'm sorry if it seems like I've changed. I'm not going to lie, I have changed. Not for the better, not for the worse, just changed. I know I'm not as outgoing as I used to be, and I know that I'm quieter, and I'm not sad. I just don't have much to say like I used to.

Sometimes I feel excluded. And you might look at this going "Wow, nobody excludes you." And you know what? I know that nobody excludes me, not on purpose at least. At the end of the day, I don't feel good, and I know you can understand that.

I'm sorry if talking to me is like playing a broken record, where I only have to say the same things over and over. That's why I don't say as much, because it's all the same! I can't be as new and exciting and helpful as you want me to be. And I'm sorry for that. 

Life is never easy, you know that. It sure as hell hasn't been easy for me recently. All the stress from school, doing extra-curriculars, family members dying. I'm not asking you to pity me, and I'm not asking YOU to change for me. I just want more of an understanding stance from you, because if you know me, you know how hard it's been. 

I'm not saying my life is harder than yours, but it's hard for me. 

Look, if I say I care about you, I mean it. If I say I respect you, I mean it. If you ever hear me say "I love you." I mean it. All that I can hope is that you'll love me too and take the time to appreciate it.

I'm sorry. 

- From an apologetic human

3 comments:

  1. Change is a good thing, as long as you find purpose in it.

    "I'm not saying my life is harder than yours, but it's hard for me."

    If every person could understand a perspective as simple and relevant as that, our world would almost be problem free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't need to apologize for changing. If people can't love you despite how you've changed, then they don't deserve you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this and you.
    Never apologize for being you, because you are worth 1000 of whoever is mad at you for "changing".

    ReplyDelete