Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My Nightmare

You know, I had a nightmare the other week that really freaked me out. The fact that I still remember it vividly kinda creeps me out. I have been meaning to write about it, but I never had time, but here I am I guess. I've told people about it and they laughed. Not because it was funny or they were making fun of me, but my nightmare is kinda weird. You'll see. Anyways, we have tried to figure it out because we think it means something but I don't have any sure answers. Any insight would help. Anyways, here goes.

I remember everything in my dream was silent, but I could still understand people and could still communicate. And most of the dream took place from my first-person POV.

So me and some of my friends all get together to go to this bowling alley. This bowling alley was one of the most (ratchet) run-down bowling alleys I've ever seen. There was a banner at the entrance that said "Grand Opening" but it was all torn to shreds. And inside was dark, so me and my friends enter the bowling alley. It's really creepy. Everything is so dimly lit, and all the pins were set up, and there were pin ball machines and a little food place. I remember there being an evil clown, but he wasn't actually there... He just kinda popped up and jump-scared me in my dream.

One of the things that was weird was that we had no actual intentions of bowling. We looked around and saw that there was a grocery store attached to this run down bowling alley (I really wish I was making this up). So we went into the grocery store, which was kind of dark, but for the most part, well lit. We had apparently this plan to split up and find different things. For what, I don't know, what I was supposed to get, I don't know, but we all split up and I was left alone.

I slowly started to realize that we were not the only ones in this grocery store. There were some other people there. They weren't normal... The best way to describe it is that they were out of an insane aslylum, or it seemed like it. 

For some reason, when we split up, I start to feel generous for some odd reason. I decide to buy a bunch of various soda cans for my friends so that we can enjoy a drink. I grab Diet Coke, Coke, Dr Pepper, Mountain Dew, etc. and I have my arms full of soda cans. 

Once again, this is weird, but our rendezvous point is the potato sacks, so I decide to go over there so my friends can meet up with me later. A little bit of time passes, and I find myself sitting on this potato sack for a while. Then these two young women come walking up to me. One of them was walking just fine, but the other one, despite her young age, had a walker. They both looked crazy and started to talk to me by saying phrases like "Do you love me?" And "Will you be my boyfriend?" 

Mind you, anyone asking me this question has never happened.

Needless to say, I was a little freaked out, and I simply responded with "I'm waiting for someone." They didn't take it too well, and they started to come towards me. Naturally, I ran away, still keeping all the cans in my hands. 

As I ran, I saw one of my friends off in the distance, and at this point I was very scared and frantic. I yelled my friends name, and he looked at me with a state of confusion. At this point, I was thinking about all the cans I had retrieved for my friends, and I wanted to make sure that it would be all right. So I had a great plan to throw them at my friend and hope that he would catch them. 

Unfortunately my friend did not react the way I had hoped, and he allowed the cans to fall to the floor and burst. I walked toward him with another can in my hand, four fingers on the bottom and my thumb on the top. Apparently I had been holding this can with a fierce grip, and as I was going to hand it to him, my thumb punctured the top of the can, cutting my thumb and making it bleed.

I remember feeling the actual pain in my actual body outside of the dream.

The next thing I know, as I'm turning around, I get pepper-sprayed by one of my other friends who freaked out, and they all ran off.

I was left alone.

I got up slowly, and started to try to make my way to the entrance to the bowling alley so I could go back to where I came from. As I passed through the grocery store and bowling alley, more and more if these scary people started to emerge from hidden places in those areas. Now, my face was all puffed up, my thumb was bleeding, and I had this limp. I was making progress, but slowly. I wasn't moving any faster than they were.

As I approached the entrance to the bowling alley, there was a figure of a man standing there with a knife. He let me pass him, and at this point, my POV in the dream moved to outside of my body. The last thing I saw was him raising the knife at me, and then I woke up.

Anyways, if you have any insight, leave it in the comments. Or if you have any comments, you can comment those too. Wow. That was a silly sentence. Anyways, sorry this post was so long, and I don't blame you if you don't read it all.

Thanks,

-Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment