Monday, February 24, 2014

Remember

When my mind roams free, I go to a place. I take a journey. Not to any place in particular. Not somewhere that I seem to decide either. The depths of my mind decide that. Whether it is a place that is solitary and private or a place of warmth and social gathering, I sit alone and let it wander.


I do not let it get too far though. If I allow that, I start to become cognitively aware that my mind has many memories. Memories that I sometimes forget about but they always seem to come back to me at some point. They go to my subconscious and dwell there until they see the slightest opening to come back and remind me of themselves. Like little snakes slithering out of their cages, until I fight them and force them to go back. 

It is necessary that I remember. It seems to remind me that I am human. If I did not remember them and the emotions attached, what would I be. Not human. Remembering the hurt, the joy, the sorrow, the envy, and even remembering the times where I did not even feel anything is necessary! 

Remembering is not something I want, it is something I need. Without it, I cannot remember where I came from and how far of a journey I have actually made. Finding the hidden messages I have left for myself is necessary. I just have to remember.


3 comments: