Monday, February 17, 2014

Finishing In Second

Do you know how it feels to always come in second? To always be the first loser? To be that person that are people's second choice? To know you'll never be first?

I'm sure we've all felt this, I feel it every day. It sucks when you try really hard, and you don't succeed the way you want. And it sucks when you go somewhere with people and everyone would rather talk to someone else rather than you.

And the worst is when people trust other people more than you. Or value other people more than you. 

Doesn't it seem that no matter how hard you try, you can just never seem to rise above it all? No matter how positive you stay, or how nice you are, you always seem to come in second? 

Asking yourself every day, "Why me? What did I do wrong? How can I change?" 

One of the things that is really frustrating is when you do change, people start to say "You've changed" or "I don't like the way you've changed." Then you just feel like, "Well what can I do now?" 

Now unless you're like a human chameleon or something, you can't really change. You are who you are. And even though you may get the silver every time, one day, someone will see that you deserve the gold. 

(In honor of the 2014 Olympics)

-Bennett




2 comments: