Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Who Am I?

Who am I?

24601?

No that can't be it. That's like... Hugh Jackman or Alfie Boe. Or Ramin Karimloo.

Whatever, that's not me.

Then... Who am I? I mean, really. I want to know. Because I'm having a hard time finding out my identity. Yes, you can give me an ID that will tell you everything about me. I'm Bennett Franklin, I go to Lone Peak High School, I am "this height" with "this color of eyes" and with "this amount of pounds."

But I want to get to know the real me.

Yeah, I know. I don't even know who I am. I'm legitimately soul searching.

And I am as lost as hell.

This trip that I'm taking with myself feels like it's been going on forever. I don't know if it really is going to stop any time soon.

I've spent (almost) all of my life looking for the good in other people. Finding things about them that made me happy and made me want to be around them.

But I haven't spent any time finding the good in me.

Do I regret looking for the good in other people? No. I love so many people now because of it.

But I don't love myself.

You know, it's funny. I never thought this would happen to me, but I found myself legitimately crying in one of the school's bathrooms today. It all became so much and I found out that no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't see myself positively. I tried going to the counseling office, but nobody was there.

Maybe that was a sign.

Maybe that is the world telling me that this is something that nobody else can help.

This is me.

This is my problem.

This is Who I Am.

2 comments:

  1. I can and I will help. I always will help. Who are you? You're my best friend. You're sweet, caring, talented, funny, charming, compassionate, determined, driven, and careful. You're many wonderful things and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spent so much time looking for the good in others, but not in yourself. So powerful and something that is, I think, inherently human.
    Please learn to love yourself.

    ReplyDelete