Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Fear

It all seeps in around me and I start to realize more and more that I'm face to face with it. I feel as though a dark shadow has cast itself over my heart and over my mind. I can't think straight and I'm trembling. Nothing makes sense anymore.

Locked away and trapped, the feeling is real. It's there. I see it in front of me. Except... It's not really there. Well, it is, but nothing is physically here. I seem to be in a murky and dirty room, with a light source that seems to not be coming from anywhere in particular. There is an odor stronger than anything I've ever smelt, and it's not a good smell. I gag and my body wants me to throw up, but there's nothing in my body to force out. 

Then I start to lose feeling in my body. My voice won't work no matter how hard I try. I can't move, I can't feel, I can't smell the horrific stench that once came from the room. All of my senses have abandoned me except for one of them. My sight. I can still see that the room is dimly lit and it is slowly fading away to the darkest shade of black. More black than anything I have ever seen. 

Then... Everything that I could once see, feel, hear, touch, taste, and smell is nonexistent. There is nothing physicall there... But I am still here. I'm still conscious and alive but I'm powerless in every aspect of being a human. 

That's what I fear.

1 comment: