Wednesday, May 14, 2014

T.O.A.


I have this friend that came up to me one day and said "Ardon, do you know what your tragedy is?"

I was caught a little off guard.

"Um... No... What's that?"

Then they proceeded to explain to me that they had come up with the "Tragedies of People" Like "Tragedy of Bill" or "Tragedy of Joe"
Stuff like that.

So she told me this:

"The tragedy of Ardon is that he is always there for other people but nobody is there for him."

That's my tragedy. The T.O.A

Well... That came in like a wrecking ball.

You know in movies when certain phrases or words replay over and over in a character's mind? That was me. Those words still ring in my head to this day. 

It legitimately made me look at every friendship I have, and I discovered that it's true. Practically nobody is there for me, and I am there for everyone. People are too caught up in their problems to worry about my problems, and I'm too caught up in EVERYONE ELSE'S problems to even realize that I have problems.

It's kind of funny, because I have friends where I listen to their problems and they claim "All I do is listen to other people's problems. I'm always there for people."

...... Ah yes.

Now, I actually don't mind listening to other people's problems. I like helping. And I totally believe that they listen to other people's problems and they are there for people. There's no doubt in my mind about that! But when it comes to me, it seems like nobody wants to take time to hear my problems. To care about me the way I care for people.

I know that you'll read this and it won't be SO DEEP and the greatest post in the world, I know. 

I just felt like I needed to say it.

-Ardon

4 comments:

  1. I feel flattered that something I said rings in your head. And also, Sawyer came up with the Tragedies, not me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might be surprised how many people would be there for you. More than you realize. But honestly you are in a good place, helping others, listening to others and caring for them. It's much more fulfilling, much more meaningful to love others without expectation.

    ReplyDelete