Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Way I See You

Something special happens
Every time I look
Every turn is a new page
But I'm not reading a book

Nope. Just observing you.
In a totally non-creepy way
Always making me laugh
With everything you say.

You told me that it's a big deal for you
To say yes to guys when they ask you out.
I am so honored.
Because I wouldn't be surprised if that's all that surrounded you.


You are a lot more beautiful than you think.
Really, you are.
I've never been so awe-struck
By a girl that looks as good as you and has a kind and genuine heart.

That's REALLY hard to find.
It's one of the hardest things I've done
Even though I didn't do much
I feel like I finally found someone worth it.

Because that's what it's all about
Finding someone who means so much to you after only knowing them for a short time
Because then you find yourself writing a poem 
And trying to find words that rhyme

And trying to find the words that coincide
With the feelings in your heart
Because that's what it means
And the heart is the best part

You see, the heart is a vital organ
And while this isn't biology
You don't need a textbook to tell you
That love isn't something you can see.

Or see coming for that matter.
Because "Everything happens for a reason"
Or maybe they don't.
And life isn't always pleasing

You know that. I know that.
There's always heartbreak involved
But the delicate heartstrings that you pull
Make me feel like a puppet and that the world revolves around you.

Falling in love is like doing a trust fall.
You trust that the person who is supposed to catch you will
And I'm not so sure if you're going to catch me, or even try
But I trust you still

You didn't tell me that it was hard for you to trust people
But you just don't trust people quickly and people have to work for it
Which I'm totally fine with because you're worth the time
And I'm not one who's easy to quit

Look, I'm not going to say I'm in love with you (because that would be crazy)
But I'm writing you a love poem. That's something.
You say the word though, all of this will stop
And dissolve into nothing

Because while I may be emotionally invested
Because your disease has infested me
I would throw it all away if you
Confessed that you didn't feel the same way.

Your happiness means a lot more to me
Than my happiness does
Because I. Care. About. You. And 
That's why I feel fuzzy when I think about you.

My heart has been ripped out and torn
Thrashed and stomped into the ground
And it feels like I'm riding a merry-go-round
But I'm willing to put it out there because for once I found that I could feel this way again.

You don't have to lie to me 
Or try to let me down easy
All that I'm really asking
Is that you really read this and you hear me

I have fallen in love with other girls
And I've told them that I've seen them in ways I've never seen someone else, because I do.
But believe me that I mean it when I say
I have never seen someone the way I see you.


3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written, every line flows with such grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel as though this poem could be a ballet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearing you read this out loud was the most amazing thing ever.
    Ps. I'm looking at you right now :) I think you're hilarious.

    ReplyDelete