Saturday, November 8, 2014

Aromas

I decided to wake up at 5:45 in the morning today. Simply because my friends proposed that we go to a coffee shop early in the morning so we could be awake before we tackle the day and also do some homework. The way my school year is this year, I don't really have any homework, but they're some of my best friends, so I'll wake up for them.

Well. Here I am.

"Be there at 6:30!"

"Okay, I'll be there!"

It's 6:41. Now, I didn't write this post to very indirectly get angry at my friends. I think that's stupid to do. But it was interesting because when I walked in, I seemed to be the only one at the coffee shop. There was easygoing music playing in the background, it was definitely more warm on the inside than on the outside of this shop. I stood for a second kind of baffled by the fact that I was the only person I knew that was around. The sound of coffee beans grinded and I heard microwaves going off.

Was this the beginning to a really hipster horror movie? Maybe so. It'd be called something like "Pumpkin Dead Latte" *insert forced laughter here because that actually wasn't funny*

Luckily, something broke my paralyzation. A worker walked in from around the corner wiping his hands with a rag and he said "Hey there!" and I responded with a quiet little "Hey." and he replied enthusiastically with "What can I get for you?" And I just simply told him "Oh, I'm just waiting for some friends. I'll get something when they get here." "No problem, you have a nice day!"

It's kind of funny, isn't it? How scarce nice days are. Most of the time I see my friends, they're all either tired or depressed or lonely or something of that sort and I get to sit there and say "I'm sorry." If that worker actually had the power to give me a good day, I'm sure he would. If I had the power to give all my friends nice days, I believe I really would do that for them. I think that if anyone had that kind of power, they'd make everyone have good days. There's a part of all of us that just wants everyone to be happy.

And I guess all of us can make people happy. We can do it by making dumb hipster horror movie jokes, or by running and falling in the middle of your sentence to cheer someone up. Offering a hand, a hug, a kiss, offering the rest of your life to someone are things we all have the power to do.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that nice days aren't the best days. They're really good and better than most days, but they're not amazing. It's not that hard to have a day be nice.

So, reader, I challenge you! You could be having a really rough day today, and I get that. Life happens and gets in the way of being happy. I get it.

But I challenge you to make someone's day nice.

Do it. Then see what happens.


1 comment:

  1. Ardon. Just. This is so profound. You get it. You have changed my life a hundred times over! Thank you! You are the reason behind so many nice days. I hope that at some point I have been the reason behind yours.

    ReplyDelete