Monday, May 8, 2017

In My Own Eyes

Her eyes shine so brightly
And choose to see the best
But the trail of tears within her laugh lines
Tells me she thinks she can never rest

No rest for the un-wicked
Until you prove
To yourself and the world
That you deserve love

And trust and care
And to be the reason that someone wakes up
And grins and bears this fucked up world.
To be the reason someone's toes curl.
To be worth a damn, a diamond, and a pearl.
To be someone's whole world and know that's you.

It's new to be loved unconditionally.
Because without conditions
There's no permission
For you to listen to your heart
And let yourself be a part
Of the reason why you start
To love yourself. A lot.

Your small fingers intertwined with mine
Feel like a small child's
Gripping on to their lifeline.
And as sure as all the stars that shine
I want to call you mine
Because in my own eyes you're sublime.

As sure as all the stars that shine,
I want to call you mine.
Because in my own eyes
You are already mine.

1 comment: