Monday, July 31, 2017

Commuovere

God is real.

I don’t mean to sound corny
But as I looked at
What stood before me

I felt this overwhelming love.
It was there in the flowers,
The friends, the cake.
I saw it in the sunset above.

I felt at peace.
Even though I’ve had
People leave me
I could feel that my
Grandma was with me.

She saw the flowers,
The friends, the cake.
It really did make me smile.

Her favorite thing in the world
Were those wildflowers.

The purple, yellow, and red
Danced up to meet my eyes
And I felt so alive.

I saw my grandmother
Standing there. Revived.

She smiled at me
While my grandpa stood
Beside her.

I saw the way he looked at her
And then the way he looked at me.
He was always very sweet.

I can’t thank him enough
For taking me here.
I can’t thank him enough
For still being here.

And then I was there with you.

I had tears in my eyes
And I wanted to cry
Because despite anything
That has happened
Or anything that could
Put us in despair
I felt nothing but
Feelings of care for you.

You let me share it with you.

The flowers, the friends, the cake.
My grandma, my grandpa.

We were all there together.

I know we’re friends who
Just went and watched a sunset.
But if I hadn’t made this clear

I’ve got a love fest going on over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment