Monday, September 5, 2016

This Is A Rollercoaster

Well phrased thoughts.
And although I know where I'm going I feel like I'm lost.
Lost because paths that are crossed stand in my thoughts
Because two roads diverged in a yellow wood is just the beginning.

The beginning of the rest of my life has started with college 
Yet for some reason college has some value on it
Because D's and C's get degrees
But a degree only frees the speed in which 
you think you succeed in your own mind.

I watch my words fly over everyone's heads
Because most of the time they'd rather listen to someone else instead

And although I understand I have to pay my dues
How many more dues do I have to go through
Before people get a clue that I wouldn't have paid 
Thousands of dollars to review something I didn't want to pursue

I just want to happy. Don't we all.
Because oceans rise and empires fall
And Hamilton references are uncalled for
But every wall that tries to stall me only exists
in a mental hall I have created for myself

None of this poem, NONE of it will make sense
Because I try to present my mental capacity of the present
But instead I only resent myself for expressing myself
Because we all strive to be purebred. In our heads.

Just give up.

Give up trying to be perfect. Because you will never be that.
Because why the fuck would you waste time trying to be anybody but you?

That didn't rhyme.

Every time you spare a thought for trying to climb
Towards something that can never be reached
All you do is retreat to self degradation
Instead of self preservation so allow this to be a donation.

From me to you.

College hasn't taught me too much yet.
But it has taught me this.
You will spend the rest of your life
Trying to reset someone that you've never really met.

You.

Beautiful, messed up, unique, fucked-up you.
A person who makes someone else's sun rise.
Someone who has been the source of demise
And someone who makes someone else feel alive

And someone who resides in the innermost thoughts
Of someone else's heart.
Someone who has the power to revive because
Only you can make that person see the purpose of their life.

You are the only reason someone can survive
And if you go away then their heart just dies
So tell me my friend, why are you alive?

If you read this, and you find some reason in it
Wake up tomorrow and find some reason in yourself.
Because nothing you have ever dealt with can hinder
The relentlessness of what you know you can do.

Be you.
Because that's all you can do.
And love it.
This is your life.

So you run it.

5 comments:

  1. "Oceans rise and empires fall" brilliant. As usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Idk if it's the super freaking upbeat music blasting through my ears or what, but I'm lightheaded and chilly and in love with this. This is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ardon, I can't tell you how happy I am to see that you're still writing. Nobody writes anymore. Also, I think I saw you doing some play on the lawn by the CS building the other day but I could be wrong. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally all over the place dude, but it's fucking fire. Not to bring up old shit, but this would be a sweet rap. It rhymes and has meaning, it's powerful and it flows. This gets me man. This is the kind of thing I wanted to write today. (And trust me, I see the influences. It's nice to care about something that inspires you creatively again, isn't it? I'm feeling the same way.)

    ReplyDelete